Spring 2021 Monday After School Clinic
If you are not a member, this purchase will act as a $180 deposit toward your $200 clinic fee. You will need to pay the $20 balance upon arrival.
You will know you are a member if you purchased a lifetime membership, a 6 month membership, or a 1 year membership and it has not expired.
This weekly instructional skateboarding program will run very similar to our morning skateboard camps offered when school is out. The program is open to skateboarders ages 6 - 16 of all ability levels. Riders will be split into small groups based on experience first, age second. For your reference:
- Brand New: Literally no skateboarding experience
- Beginner: Minimal skateboarding experience at home our at public skateparks but not yet comfortable enough to navigate open skate at 3rd Lair
- Intermediate: 100% in control and comfortable riding your skateboard in a skatepark setting. Knowing how to drop in is helpful but not required
- Advanced: For riders who are fully comfortable riding in a skatepark setting, can drop in on most ramps, and have the basics perfected.
For this 6 week program, participants can count on being with the same group for the duration (unless they are "bumped up" due to big progression breakthroughs). We will be using our camp "station rotation" so that all riders will experience all areas of the park we have to offer throughout the program.
Dates: Mondays Apr 19, Apr 26, May 3, May 10, May 17, May 24 (3:30pm - 5:30pm Daily)
If you are looking for a weekly program that is meant to help your skateboarding skills develop in a fun, peer learning environment, then this program is for you.
COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies
- Our registration capacity 35 participants
- Target group sizes will be 6 - 7 participants per instructor
- We will not be offering rental equipment so participants will need to bring their own.
- A quality, functioning skateboard is required.
- If you purchased from a skateboard shop you will be good to go. Boards from Target, Walmart, Sports Authority, etc. will not allow your rider to learn and progress in a safe or efficient way.
- A Helmet is required
- Bike helmets will work
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Full pads is always best because in skateboarding we fall a lot, this is how we learn
- Students who use full pads tend to progress faster with less injuries and are therefore more likely to continue on with skateboarding.
- Our staff will be wearing masks with all customer interactions
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times while on our property.
- Our drinking fountain will not be available but the bottle fill station will be available.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidlines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed to help folks keep their hands clean - we will also be washing ands frequently.
- We will be working to maintain 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- We will be using non contact teaching strategies.