Summer 2020 Skateboard Camp
Changes due to COVID-19
- Our registration capacity will be lowed to 30 from 50
- Target group sizes will be 6 participants per instructor (down from 6 - 8)
- We will not be offering rental equipment so participants will need to bring their own.
- A quality, functioning skateboard is required.
- If you purchased from a skateboard shop you will be good to go. Boards from Target, Walmart, Sports Authority, etc. will not allow your rider to learn and progress in a safe or efficient way.
- A Helmet is required
- Bike helmets will work
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Full pads is always best because in skateboarding we fall a lot, this is how we learn
- Students who use full pads tend to progress faster with less injuries and are therefore more likely to continue on with skateboarding.
- Our staff will be wearing masks with all customer interactions
- We are asking participants to bring and use masks while they are not skating.
- Our drinking fountain will not be available but the bottle fill station will be available.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidlines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed to help folks keep their hands clean - we will also be washing ands frequently.
- We will be working to maintain 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- We will be using non contact teaching strategies.
DAILY CAMP SCHEDULE
8:30am – Doors open for drop off
9am - 11:50am – Small group instruction
11:50am-Noon – Camp wrap up.