2021 MEA BREAK SKATEBOARD CAMP
Camp registrations are 100% not refundable
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, THIS PURCHASE WILL ACT AS A $45 DEPOSIT TOWARD YOUR $50 CAMP FEE. YOU WILL NEED TO PAY THE $5 BALANCE UPON ARRIVAL.
YOU WILL KNOW YOU ARE A MEMBER IF YOU PURCHASED A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP, A 6 MONTH MEMBERSHIP, OR A 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP AND IT HAS NOT EXPIRED.
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, THIS PURCHASE WILL COVER YOUR FULL CAMP FEE OF $45.
DAILY CAMP SCHEDULE
8:30am – Doors open for drop off
9am - 11:50am – Small group instruction
11:50am-Noon – Camp wrap up.
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Brand New: Literally no skateboarding experience
- Beginner: Minimal skateboarding experience at home our at public skateparks but not yet comfortable enough to navigate open skate at 3rd Lair
- Intermediate: 100% in control and comfortable riding your skateboard in a skatepark setting. Knowing how to drop in is helpful but not required
- Advanced: For riders who are fully comfortable riding in a skatepark setting, can drop in on most ramps, and have the basics perfected.
COVID 19 MITIGATION PLANS
- Participants should bring their own equipment (a limited supply is available for those who need it)
- A quality, functioning skateboard is required.
- If you purchased from a skateboard shop you will be good to go. Boards from Target, Walmart, Sports Authority, etc. will not allow your rider to learn and progress in a safe or efficient way.
- A Helmet is required
- Bike helmets will work
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Full pads is always best because in skateboarding we fall a lot, this is how we learn
- Students who use full pads tend to progress faster with less injuries and are therefore more likely to continue on with skateboarding.
- Most of our staff are fully vaccinated from COVID19, those who are not will be wearing a mask for all customer interactions.
- Everyone who is not vaccinated is asked to wear a face mask while inside of our building and within 6ft of others.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidlines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed to help folks keep their hands clean