Monday May 20, 2019 (Flat ground only)
- 6-6:30 checkin and intros, gear check
- 6:30-9 (break into groups)
- Discuss “derby stance”/falling/recovery
- Skating in a circle
- Transitions: 180, 360
- Stops: T stop and plow stop
- 11-12 transitions: 180s both ways
- Turnaround toestops
- Walking on toe stops
Monday May 27, 2019:
- 6-6:30 gear up, gear check
- 6:30-9 (Break into groups)
- Pumping the ramp
- Gaining momentum with toe stops
- Touching the coping
- Turns both ways
- 11-12 (if EVERYONE in a group is ready) Drop ins
- If not, we stay where each group is comfortable
This is the first of a progressive series of roller-skate camps. The Next camp starts with Drop ins and will work toward a frontside stall.
This skateboard clinic is specifically for new and beginner level riders ages 5 - 12. If you are just starting out and looking for a head start - this clinic is for you.
Clinic Dates: May 8, 15, 22, 29, and June 5, 2019
Clinic Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Space is limited so register early and ensure you do not miss out.
If you do not have your own skateboard, helmet, or pads there will be rentals available at no additional cost.