Saturday Morning SkateCamp
DAILY CAMP SCHEDULE
8:30am – Doors open for drop off
9am - 11:50am – Small group instruction
11:50am-Noon – Camp wrap up.
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Brand New: Literally no skateboarding experience
- Beginner: Minimal skateboarding experience at home our at public skateparks but not yet comfortable enough to navigate open skate at 3rd Lair
- Intermediate: 100% in control and comfortable riding your skateboard in a skatepark setting. Knowing how to drop in is helpful but not required
- Advanced: For riders who are fully comfortable riding in a skatepark setting, can drop in on most ramps, and have the basics perfected.
COVID 19 Mitigation Plans
- Our registration capacity will be capped at 30 participants
- Target group sizes will be 6 - 7 participants per instructor
- We will not be offering rental equipment so participants will need to bring their own.
- A quality, functioning skateboard is required.
- If you purchased from a skateboard shop you will be good to go. Boards from Target, Walmart, Sports Authority, etc. will not allow your rider to learn and progress in a safe or efficient way.
- A Helmet is required
- Bike helmets will work
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Full pads is always best because in skateboarding we fall a lot, this is how we learn
- Students who use full pads tend to progress faster with less injuries and are therefore more likely to continue on with skateboarding.
- Our staff will be wearing masks with all customer interactions
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times while on our property.
- You may temporarily move your mask away from your mouth and nose if you are exerting yourself enough to make it difficult to breathe through the mask and you are at least 6 feet from others. The mask needs to be put back in place ASAP.
- Our drinking fountain will not be available but the bottle fill station will be available.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidlines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed to help folks keep their hands clean - we will also be washing ands frequently.
- We will be working to maintain 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- We will be using non contact teaching strategies.