Saturday Morning SkateCamp
If you are not a member, this purchase will act as a $40 deposit toward your $50 camp fee. You will need to pay the $10 balance upon arrival.
You will know you are a member if you purchased a lifetime membership, a 6 month membership, or a 1 year membership and it has not expired.
If you are a member, this purchase will cover your full camp fee of $40.
DAILY CAMP SCHEDULE
8:30am – Doors open for drop off
9am - 11:50am – Small group instruction
11:50am-Noon – Camp wrap up.
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Brand New: Literally no skateboarding experience
- Beginner: Minimal skateboarding experience at home our at public skateparks but not yet comfortable enough to navigate open skate at 3rd Lair
- Intermediate: 100% in control and comfortable riding your skateboard in a skatepark setting. Knowing how to drop in is helpful but not required
- Advanced: For riders who are fully comfortable riding in a skatepark setting, can drop in on most ramps, and have the basics perfected.
COVID 19 Mitigation Plans
- Our registration capacity will be capped at 30 participants
- Target group sizes will be 6 - 7 participants per instructor
- We will not be offering rental equipment so participants will need to bring their own.
- A quality, functioning skateboard is required.
- If you purchased from a skateboard shop you will be good to go. Boards from Target, Walmart, Sports Authority, etc. will not allow your rider to learn and progress in a safe or efficient way.
- A Helmet is required
- Bike helmets will work
- Knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Full pads is always best because in skateboarding we fall a lot, this is how we learn
- Students who use full pads tend to progress faster with less injuries and are therefore more likely to continue on with skateboarding.
- Our staff will be wearing masks with all customer interactions
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times while on our property.
- Our drinking fountain will not be available but the bottle fill station will be available.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidlines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed to help folks keep their hands clean - we will also be washing ands frequently.
- We will be working to maintain 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- We will be using non contact teaching strategies.